|Our Lady of Rosary Online Masses||Our Lady of Lourdes Online Masses|
Third Sunday of Easter
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Jesus stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you."... Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said to them, "Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things." Reflection: Jesus "was made known" in repentance and forgiveness.
Forgiveness is an encounter with the risen Christ. When we offer and receive forgiveness our hearts ought to burn because of the encounter with the risen Christ within us. This is resurrected life: "You are forgiven." This is our witness to the resurrection: "I forgive you." We must walk and act like a forgiven people. Forgiveness is the virtue that enables us not to allow past hurts to determine our decisions and actions in the here and now. Forgiveness opens up the space for creating together with the one forgiven a new future where we can live in peace. (Living Liturgy, p.120)
Important notice for Faith Formation
|Click here to download the Registration form|
The CONFIRMATION class will attend the following:
- April 25th: Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes at 5:00pm
- May 1st: 9-12 Retreat(Location TBA)
- May 8th: Rehearsal Candidates and Sponsors at 3:00
- May 10th: Confirmation in Our Lady of Lourdes Church
ATTENDANCE at these events is part of the preparation for Confirmation and is REQUIRED!
First Reconciliation dates:
- Our Lady of the Rosary: Monday April 19th at 6:00pm
- Our Lady of Lourdes: Tuesday April 20th at 6:00pm
First Eucharist dates:
- Our Lady of the Rosary: Monday April 26th at 6:00pm
- Our Lady of Lourdes: Wednesday April 28th at 6:00pm
Contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org | (315) 724-0402.